Welcome! I am so happy you are here.
I hope the following information is helpful to you…
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if we are a good match?
Please feel free to call and ask me any questions you may have about the work that I do. I offer a free 20 minute phone consultation prior to the first session.
- What is the best way to schedule an appointment?
Email or phone are the best ways to reach me to schedule an appointment.
- What does an initial session look like?
I ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your first session to fill out paperwork so we won’t have to take up much of our session time filling it out. We will then meet for 55 minutes talking about your concerns, hopes, dreams and whatever else brings you to therapy at this time. At the end of the session, if you would like to return, we will schedule another session.
- What is your fee per session?
My fee per 55 minute session is $130.00.
- Do you accept insurance?
I am an in-network provider for BCBS PPO. If you have BCBS PPO for your mental health benefits, you would simply pay me your copay at the time of our session. I accept cash or checks.
I am an out of network provider with many other insurance companies which means that I do not bill other insurance companies directly. You may be eligible for reimbursement through out-of-network benefits, medical spending or health care savings accounts. Health insurance plans and benefits vary. If you are interested in using your health insurance to see me, please call your insurance provider to inquire about reimbursement for out-of-network counseling services. I am happy to provide you necessary paperwork for reimbursement from your insurance company, if applicable. You may be able to collect up to 80% reimbursement depending upon your insurance carrier.
Here are some questions to ask your insurance company:
- What is my copay for in network coverage?
- Do I have out-of-network mental health coverage?
- What is my deductible? Has any of it been met yet?
- How many sessions do I get per calendar year?
- What is the covered amount per therapy session with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker?
- Do I need a pre-approval?
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-644-3799.